It would be nice if Globulation 2 had...

Ships

You could build a dock & ships could be built/upgraded on it.Cannons on it would fire at enemy ships and ship flags could make the ship go the the shore of that flag.

57 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Green globGreen glob shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • zenfurzenfur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like the ships idea at all :/
        Why?
        Globules aren't super-technician society which would build such things like aircrafts or ships. They count on their skills - fighting, swimming, building. The only technical feature which - well, was needed - is a tower...

• pjvandehaarpjvandehaar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They would essentially be globs but in the water. They should have only melee attack.
        Docks = Swarms/Inns. There would be military, trade, and resource-gathering ones.
        Transport ships would increase micromanagement.

• migisoftmigisoft commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Basically I don't think you will ever need ships, as blobs can swim really fast right now, with a level 3 swimming pool. If you would make swimming pools more expensive and make globs swim a little slower, maybe then.

Also, I don't think you should have shooting ships without having shooting ground units first. Nevertheless, ships would be really cool.

• GlobGlob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

to each of those equations add the basic cost of the ship. which i forgot to add.

The docks could only have a certain amount of ship space, when a ship is at sea and the port does not have a spot it will float around until one becomes available. There could also be passanger boats for ferring, and warships, cost more. When a ship is destroyed at sea all blobs would die, on shore they will survive, when port is destroyed it would destroy all ships docked at it.

I agree with Zerothis, also the ship should have a certain capacity of the amount of blobs it holds, and should cost A x B
        A=cost of worker + cost of warrior
        B=amount of blobs ship can hold (capacity)
        the ship should have hitpoints of A x B
        A=hitpoints of worker+hitpoints of warrior
        B=capacity

Feedback and Knowledge Base