It would be nice if Globulation 2 had...

Worker Prioritization

The ability to split your worker force so that certian proportions ''prioritize'' certain activities over others (they will still do any activity). This is so that players don't need to micromanage unit distributions as they apply to specific buildings as much as is now generally required. It ensures that at least a certain fraction of the workers will take care of certain groups of activities, even if assignments overwhelm the number of available workers. This should include:
:*General Chores -- the general chore maintence of buildings (e.g. keeping inns full, feeding the swarm, etc...)
:*Construction/Upgrading -- the construction of buildings, the upgrading of buildings.
:*Clearing -- Clearing or maintining land, in any manner assigned
:*(Possibly) -- Military upkeep activities, normally I'd group this with general chores, but keeping things like towers full of ammo can be damn important.
*E.g: If I have 50 workers, and 10% are clearing, 60% are taking care of chores, and 30% constructing... and I assign 5 people to build a new building (and nobody else is building) then I should be guarenteed to get those 5 wokers, and those 5 workers should peel off ANY OTHER ACTIVITY in favor of construction (except training, feeding, etc... but I'll deal with that later). This should significantly improve glob response to certain work activiites, and reduce the periodic lack of control that results when the numbers go negative.

31 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kieran PAdminKieran P (Admin, Globulation 2) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • zenfurzenfur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

well, I like the idea, but I change it a bit:
        separate construction and upgrading
        add repairing
        add fruit collecting
        now, how do you consider it should be done?
        just a column of dragable images symbolising types of jobs what sets a prioritysation?
        and how should it be handled? if all jobs of this type are fullfilled or maintained do some job of other? or for example add some coefficients which define: search the jobs of each category which are the closest to you and multiply each by its coefficient and look which is the best for you? I think that is very complex problem to solve, any proposals? Any comments?

• TautrimasTautrimas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree to the proposed idea really much. But the main point should be that globulation2 has a lot of micromanagement in assigning workers to buildings. This should be done more innovatively (:

On the other hand, too much automation may make this game boring, so devs should decide what they are going for.

Feedback and Knowledge Base