It would be nice if Globulation 2 had...

Resource Transplanting

Workers should be able to cultivate wheat, forest, algae and mine up new rock. This '''should''' be time consuming and use a lot of work, but this should be allowable. This would reduce concerns on over exploiting a resource, or having it all destroyed. However, doing so should be undesirable except as a necessity. The difficulty of cultivating various resources can very reasonable vary based on which resource it is. Wheat for instance, is a resource that can be legitimately easy to cultivate.

67 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kieran PAdminKieran P (Admin, Globulation 2) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TBeholderTBeholder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

perhaps "fertilize" (using algae), then "plant wood" | "plant corn" which also prohibits the square (like with buildings)?

• pjvandehaarpjvandehaar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would this be done automatically, or with a "transplant to" area, or with that and a "transplant from" area?

Transplanting trees could have some interesting effects on combat, though I generally get myself a tree-wall quickly anyways.

• zenfurzenfur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I suggest it to be possible at level 2 of workers (at school lvl 1)
        how to transplate (my point of view):
        1) fully grown one can be transplanted and become the least grown one (5/5 -> 1/5)
        2) or only from fully grown ones but get only seeds (5/5 -> 4/5 + 1/5)
        3) fully grown one can be transplanted and become the least grown one (5/5 - > 1/5) BUT with 5 bows (to don't endanger tactic with clearing the first way may endanger tactic to clear enemy's resources, because it would faster remove resources and it would use no hp :P)
        possible speed:
        lvl 2nd - 1
        lvl 3rd - 2
        lvl 4th - 4
        to transplant simply place transplantation area and workers will work
        after transplanting one field transplantation area becomes forbidden area (to don't be used just after planting :P)

I think that it should be doable only with wheat, because imho trees are HARD to transplantate, cultivating stones would be hacking - you could build undestroyable wall, do you want that? Algae - no, it should be hard to get resource. The best one to cultivate is wheat because you need it a lot and you farm it the most, I never farmed algaes and rarely wood (only in extreme situations).

pjvandehaar: I think that watering is a bad idea, but the way how to cultivate wheat is nice :) I like it too; so
        4th) way: take 2 wheat (2 bows) to cultivate one (2 because some may die etc and one is left)

• NoSpinNoSpin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a really good idea. One of the reasons I would like to see this implemented is the incredible long time it takes for a resource to grow along the side of a map. At the moment cultivating a farm is used minimally because of the slow regrow time.

• pjvandehaarpjvandehaar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would, I assume, be based on either the intelligence (school-training) of the worker or of the society as a whole.

A good value for cultivating wheat would be using 2 wheat and 5 second to cultivate/plant each square, and worker AI would know not to take the last 1/5 of wheat.

An alternate approach would be for workers to water the wheat and trees, which would triple the rate that they grow/populate new squares.

Feedback and Knowledge Base