It would be nice if Globulation 2 had...

Recall workers during an attack

One of the best features of AOE is the ability to call the workers into the town hall (or in Globulation 2's case, the swarm) by clicking a button, when they're being attacked. This minmizes casualties and doesn't block warriors from getting where they need to go

109 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kieran PAdminKieran P (Admin, Globulation 2) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • munkbusinessmunkbusiness commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Buildings go down very fast in this game, I would rather have my workers take the blow than make a free way to the swarm for it to be attacked and taken down.

• zenfurzenfur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This idea is very poor. It adds micro management >.>. If you want your workers to be submissive - add a feature that they won't get in way of a warrior. How to do that? Simply: move all warriors first, later others according to their movement speed. And if an enemy warrior is next to them, they should fullfill their task but try to avoid the danger and if it has no way to avoid - than it goes next to it. Simple, but it probably would take more work to implement/code, unfortunately.
        "k776 good point. killing units inside with the building is not fair. they should leave the building in the state they entered it once the building is destroyed."
        yeah, created idea for this: http://glob2.uservoice.com/forums/4988-globulation-2/suggestions/597591-don-t-kill-the-globs-inside-building-if-it-collaps

• Kieran PAdminKieran P (Admin, Globulation 2) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the way other buildings do it should be changed as well. If any building is destroyed, the units should be kicked out and have a chance to run/fight. It's unfair to have 6/7 training units die in one go, because they couldn't get out..... if this recall workers option were implemented, I'd also suggest a change for this issue.

• flyingeagle413flyingeagle413 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not that great of an idea but its formidable.
        this would also cause a problem, what if the swarm was destroyed? will all the workers die like how they do when inside other buildings?

• tigretigre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would find it great if the player I am attacking would recall all his workers. Then I could finish all workers off in like 10 seconds!!

• giszmoAdmingiszmo (Admin, Globulation 2) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if i could i would tell my warriors to ignore units and go for buildings only. as they have an inverse priority, buildings are rather protected in crowded places. i don't care much if i get some workers beaten red as they will care of that themselfs.

I really see no point in implementing such a feature. i sometimes place clearing flags to keep attackers busy (not really but that's how i see it.

• Kieran PAdminKieran P (Admin, Globulation 2) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well the idea isn't hide. It's to protect workers from harm until the trouble is taken care of. Warriors and explorers wouldn't be affected by this. Essentially, by ringing the bell, it clears the way for warriors to get to the enemy quicker. And it would be optional of course. And only within say 20 tiles of the swarm. It just ensures they don't die and can rebuild if necessary.

• giszmoAdmingiszmo (Admin, Globulation 2) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

do you really miss that feature in actual games?? i am always happy when evil warriors beat my units instead of beating my buildings as units are cheaper and go heal themselfs.

apart from that, the original post sounds like micro management that i would vote against if negative votes were allowed.

a concept of defenses that get automatically manned would get my vote, too if well done.

greets ;)

• reportingsjrreportingsjr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about a certain percentage of globs automatically go back in to the swarm? This way if the player has a very large amount of area taken, they won't have to go around constantly to hit that button.

Feedback and Knowledge Base