It would be nice if Globulation 2 had...

Automining

A way to selecting a mining method for wheat and or trees. Once selected the program will auto assign the forbidden zones allowing farming. There should be at least 3 choices (rows, checkered, and knights distance(chess term)). This is important because it will lessen the micromanagement big time.

47 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kieran PAdminKieran P (Admin, Globulation 2) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TBeholderTBeholder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd rather say that the problem here is that Clearing area and Clearing flag seems to do the same, but the former doesn't allow to control priority level and the latter doesn't allow to control shape well. Maybe they should interact at least when intersecting?

Also, it would make sense if harvesters considered Clearing as priority source of resources they are tasked to collect anyway, with range adjusted depending on the priority. At least, unless there will be stockpiles/warehouses.

• ChessTeachChessTeach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Selecting areas to mine is time consuming as you have to line up the brush with the last stroke. Players should not have to waist any more time dealing with this then nessisary. I suggest a new brush for mining zones, you can choose the solid brush and just drag the brush across the area you wish to mine, then a radio box will allow you to select which mining method you would prefer. It would also be really nice if you had a two brushes to choose from (wheat and tree). This way the workers will automatically get rid of invasive trees. This would improve AI functionality as well being several of them do not know how to deal with trees on small islands.

• NoSpinNoSpin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an obvious feature. I believe it is fair to say that at least 90% of players use one strategy for mining everywhere. So why should they spend time clicking each resource every time they find a new base?

• zenfurzenfur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think that even this activity should globulation micromanagement do for you.

• PauanPauan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you play as the same color as an AI, they will automatically do this for you. It shouldn't be too terribly hard to create such a feature. This has my vote.

Feedback and Knowledge Base